An Island of Peace in a Sea of Conflict: The Jordan River Peace ParkJanuary 13, 2010 By Dan AsinSaleem Ali filmed this video on his visit to the “peace island” between Jordan and Israel, which Friends of the Earth Middle East (FOEME) is working to convert into an international peace park.
FOEME co-Director Gidon Bromberg will be at the Wilson Center today to discuss the peace park and other FOEME water cooperation initiatives in more detail as a panelist participating in “Pathways to Peace: Stories of Environment, Health, and Conflict,” an event discussing field-based lessons for addressing environment, health, development, and conflict.
Video: Filmed by Saleem H. Ali (University of Vermont, editor of the MIT Press book Peace Parks: Conservation and Conflict Resolution) with commentary by Elizabeth Ya’ari (FOEME), January 2010.
Join the Conversation
- Four billion people face severe water scarcity, new research finds | Environment | The Guardian
- Brazil's School Meals Help Support Family Farmers | Pulitzer Center
- From potatoes to solar panels, local innovations are key to resilience | Aditya Bahadur and Julian Doczi | Global development | The Guardian
- El Salvador's Zika crisis compounded by failings of state, violence and machismo | Global development | The Guardian
- United Nations News Centre - Climate outlook ‘particularly concerning’ in southern Africa due to El Niño - UN agency