Featured side by side at the top of The New York Times home page recently were two stories: one on the United States and China, the world’s largest producers of carbon emissions, committing to a global climate agreement, another on how rising seas are already affecting coastal communities in the United States.
Join the Conversation
- News in the Humanosphere: Half of Somalians at risk of famine, warns U.N.
- After drought, Zimbabwe contends with fall armyworm invasion
- Trump’s New Executive Order Will Worsen Hunger in Africa
- Strange things are happening off the coast of Peru, and thousands are affected
- Oil Drillers Face an Angry Mob in Mexico’s Guerrilla Country