Top 10 Posts for March 2012April 2, 2012 By Schuyler NullWith World Water Day, a new water initiative from the State Department, and the release of a U.S. intelligence assessment on global water security, several water posts were propelled into the top 10 last month. Joining them were contributions from Elizabeth Leahy Madsen on the demographic dividend, Kathleen Mogelgaard on future food security and population dynamics, Laurie Mazur on biodiversity and demography, and Kavita Ramdas on empowering women.
1. India’s Maoists: South Asia’s “Other” Insurgency
2. Kavita Ramdas: Why Educating Girls Is Not Enough
3. Food Security in a Climate-Altered Future
4. More People, Less Biodiversity? The Complex Connections Between Population Dynamics and Species Loss
5. Tunisia’s Shot at Democracy: What Demographics and Recent History Tell Us
6. Reaching Out to Environmentalists About Population Growth and Family Planning
7. The Missing Links in the Demographic Dividend
8. Global Water Security Calls for U.S. Leadership, Says Intelligence Assessment
9. In Rush for Land, Is it All About Water?
10. Water and Population: Limits to Growth?
Join the Conversation
- IRIN Africa | How Boko Haram is killing off farms | Nigeria | Conflict | Economy | Environment | Food Security | Governance | Refugees/IDPs | Security
- IRIN Africa | Rising seas ruining lives in Togo | Togo | Environment
- Paris climate change deal too weak to help poor, critics warn | Environment | The Guardian
- Zimbabwe declares 'state of disaster' due to drought | World news | The Guardian
- Funds for Syria need to be ringfenced for women, civil society groups say | Global development | The Guardian