ECSP Seeking Interns for Spring 2011November 23, 2010 By Wilson Center Staffecsp@wilsoncenter.org.
The Environmental Change and Security Program is seeking interns to:
Assignments may include:
- Write for our award-winning blog
- Network with leading experts in the environment, population, and security fields
- Work closely with the friendly, dynamic “Green Team” to explore new media while seeking a sustainable future
- Drafting posts for The New Security Beat and ECSP’s website
- Assisting with events and conferences
- Researching environment, population, and security information
- Assisting the preparation of publications and/or outreach materials
- Updating contact databases
- Performing administrative assignments in support of ECSP activities
Potential interns should be students and/or recent graduates with an interest in, coursework related to, and/or experience working on environmental and human security.
In addition, applicants should:
- Possess strong research, writing, and/or administrative skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a group
- Be enrolled in a degree program, recently graduated (within the last year), and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program within the next year
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (between two and five pages in length). Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are applying for a paid or unpaid internship.
Please submit application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Spring 2011 Internship” in the subject line.
The deadline is rolling. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of resumes ECSP receives, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Join the Conversation
- The Gender Asset in Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Processes (DDR) – PRIO Blogs
- IRIN Global | Zika: Are mosquitoes the cure as well as the curse? | Global | Health & Nutrition
- Somalia drought leaves 50,000 children 'facing death' - BBC News
- United Nations News Centre - Unprecedented food crisis looms over strife-torn South Sudan, UN agencies warn
- IRIN Asia | 139 children die in one month in drought-hit Pakistan district | Pakistan | Children | Food Security | Health & Nutrition | Natural Disasters