Top 10 Posts for February 2012March 1, 2012 By Schuyler NullGreat guest contributions and a couple of book previews helped fill out the top 10 last month, from Laurie Mazur on water and limits to growth, Pamela Griffin on the Ramsar Convention, and Elizabeth Leahy Madsen’s comprehensive look at Afghanistan’s first demographic and health survey to Jack Goldstone’s Political Demography and Marc Sommers’ Stuck.
1. Water and Population: Limits to Growth?
2. India’s Maoists: South Asia’s “Other” Insurgency
3. Guest Contributor Pamela Griffin: The Ramsar Convention: A New Window for Environmental Diplomacy?
4. Tunisia’s Shot at Democracy: What Demographics and Recent History Tell Us
5. UNEP Maps Conflict, Migration, Environmental Vulnerability in the Sahel
6. In Search of a New Security Narrative: The National Conversation Series Launches at the Wilson Center
7. Afghanistan’s First Demographic and Health Survey Reveals Surprises (Part One)
8. Stuck: Rwandan Youth and the Struggle for Adulthood (Book Preview)
9. Political Demography: How Population Changes Are Reshaping International Security and National Politics (Book Launch)
10. Peter Gleick: Population Dynamics Key to Sustainable Water Solutions
Join the Conversation
- Ukraine could destroy 3.7m polio vaccines despite risk of major outbreak | Global development | The Guardian
- Uganda's test and treat HIV programme hauls in fishermen of Lake Victoria | Andrew Green | Global development | The Guardian
- Migration can help to forge a more prosperous world, says World Bank | Global development | The Guardian
- Nepal's forests under threat over fuel crisis - BBC News
- Attacks and threats force aid groups to leave South Sudanese county - Humanosphere