Apply today by sending cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
The Environmental Change and Security Program is seeking interns to:
- Write for our award-winning blog
- Network with leading experts in the environment, demography, and security fields
- Work closely with the friendly, dynamic “Green Team” to explore new media while seeking a sustainable future
Assignments may include:
- Drafting posts for New Security Beat and ECSP’s website
- Assisting with events and conferences
- Researching environment, demography, and security information
- Assisting the preparation of publications and/or outreach materials
- Updating contact databases
- Performing administrative assignments in support of ECSP activities
Potential interns should be students and/or recent graduates with an interest in, coursework related to, and/or experience working on environmental and human security.
In addition, applicants should:
ECSP offers both paid and unpaid internships. The number of paid internships is limited. We are looking for people who are willing to devote at least 20 hours per week, up to a maximum of 35 hours per week.
- Possess strong research, writing, and/or administrative skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a group
- Be enrolled in a degree program, recently graduated (within the last year), and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program within the next year
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (between two and five pages in length). Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are applying for a paid or unpaid internship.
Please submit application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer 2012 Internship” in the subject line.
The deadline is rolling. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of resumes ECSP receives, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.