Top 10 Posts for January 2012February 2, 2012 By Schuyler NullThe event summary from December’s meeting on new climate-conflict research took the top place last month and was joined by several other new comers: Marc Bellemare’s post about his food prices research, new Sahel vulnerability maps from UNEP, a summary of the water security plenary from NSCE 2012, and new reports on youth demographics from UNICEF and the U.S. Institute of Peace.
1. New Research on Climate and Conflict Links Shows Challenges for the Field
2. Tunisia’s Shot at Democracy: What Demographics and Recent History Tell Us
3. In Search of a New Security Narrative: The National Conversation Series Launches at the Wilson Center
4. Guest Contributor Marc F. Bellemare: Do High Food Prices Cause Social Unrest?
5. In the Rush for Land, Is it All About the Water?
6. UNEP Maps Conflict, Migration, Environmental Vulnerability in the Sahel
7. Peter Gleick: Population Dynamics Key to Sustainable Water Solutions
8. India’s Maoists: South Asia’s “Other” Insurgency
9. Move Beyond “Water Wars” to Fulfill Water’s Peacebuilding Potential, Says NCSE Panel
10. Three New Reports Highlight Ongoing Significance of Youth Demographics in Global Trends
Join the Conversation
- IRIN Africa | How Boko Haram is killing off farms | Nigeria | Conflict | Economy | Environment | Food Security | Governance | Refugees/IDPs | Security
- IRIN Africa | Rising seas ruining lives in Togo | Togo | Environment
- Paris climate change deal too weak to help poor, critics warn | Environment | The Guardian
- Zimbabwe declares 'state of disaster' due to drought | World news | The Guardian
- Funds for Syria need to be ringfenced for women, civil society groups say | Global development | The Guardian