PODCAST – Environmental Security and Regional Cooperation in Central America: A Discussion with Alexander LopezDecember 14, 2007 By Sean PeoplesDuring a recent trip to Costa Rica, ECSP Director Geoff Dabelko visited Alexander Lopez, director of the School for International Affairs at the National University of Costa Rica. With his extensive field work, Lopez is an expert on the linkages between environment and conflict, as well as the management of transboundary river basins in Latin America. In the following podcast, Lopez discusses the growing awareness of environment and security linkages in Central America and his current work on building regional cooperation and integration of natural resource management.
Join the Conversation
- IRIN Africa | How Boko Haram is killing off farms | Nigeria | Conflict | Economy | Environment | Food Security | Governance | Refugees/IDPs | Security
- IRIN Africa | Rising seas ruining lives in Togo | Togo | Environment
- Paris climate change deal too weak to help poor, critics warn | Environment | The Guardian
- Zimbabwe declares 'state of disaster' due to drought | World news | The Guardian
- Funds for Syria need to be ringfenced for women, civil society groups say | Global development | The Guardian