Top 10 Posts for October 2012November 1, 2012 By Schuyler Null
Water – and its relationship with development, food, demography, and conflict – dominated October’s top 10 posts. Jeremiah Asaka’s guest contribution on resource conflict in Kenya and Kate Diamond’s look at SAB Miller’s surprisingly on-point summary of the water-energy-food nexus were new additions. Carolyn Lamere’s posts on the health of the world’s major aquifers and the political situation along the Nile basin made reappearances. And the drought across the U.S. West is still on, driving interest in Graham Norwood’s summary of how it might impact world food prices and its connection to climate change.
Join the Conversation
- The incredible plan to make money grow on trees | Sam Knight | World news | The Guardian
- Can the planet handle China's new two-child policy? | Guardian Sustainable Business | The Guardian
- Learning from India's "Smart" Farming Villages | Pulitzer Center
- More than 15m people on life-saving HIV drugs, report says | Global development | The Guardian
- Sinking into Paradise: Climate Change Worsening Coastal Erosion in Trinidad | Inter Press Service