Top 10 Posts for October 2012November 1, 2012 By Schuyler Null
Water – and its relationship with development, food, demography, and conflict – dominated October’s top 10 posts. Jeremiah Asaka’s guest contribution on resource conflict in Kenya and Kate Diamond’s look at SAB Miller’s surprisingly on-point summary of the water-energy-food nexus were new additions. Carolyn Lamere’s posts on the health of the world’s major aquifers and the political situation along the Nile basin made reappearances. And the drought across the U.S. West is still on, driving interest in Graham Norwood’s summary of how it might impact world food prices and its connection to climate change.
Join the Conversation
- UNICEF demands that water not be used to achieve ‘military and political gains’ in Syria
- Water, food security and human dignity - a nutrition perspective
- A long-overdue burial for the population vs. consumption question
- Sea levels will rise, experts warn, and 'it's not going to stop'
- Katrina: Lasting Climate Lessons for a Sinking City