Top 10 Posts for March 2012April 2, 2012 By Schuyler NullWith World Water Day, a new water initiative from the State Department, and the release of a U.S. intelligence assessment on global water security, several water posts were propelled into the top 10 last month. Joining them were contributions from Elizabeth Leahy Madsen on the demographic dividend, Kathleen Mogelgaard on future food security and population dynamics, Laurie Mazur on biodiversity and demography, and Kavita Ramdas on empowering women.
1. India’s Maoists: South Asia’s “Other” Insurgency
2. Kavita Ramdas: Why Educating Girls Is Not Enough
3. Food Security in a Climate-Altered Future
4. More People, Less Biodiversity? The Complex Connections Between Population Dynamics and Species Loss
5. Tunisia’s Shot at Democracy: What Demographics and Recent History Tell Us
6. Reaching Out to Environmentalists About Population Growth and Family Planning
7. The Missing Links in the Demographic Dividend
8. Global Water Security Calls for U.S. Leadership, Says Intelligence Assessment
9. In Rush for Land, Is it All About Water?
10. Water and Population: Limits to Growth?
Join the Conversation
- The incredible plan to make money grow on trees | Sam Knight | World news | The Guardian
- Can the planet handle China's new two-child policy? | Guardian Sustainable Business | The Guardian
- Learning from India's "Smart" Farming Villages | Pulitzer Center
- More than 15m people on life-saving HIV drugs, report says | Global development | The Guardian
- Sinking into Paradise: Climate Change Worsening Coastal Erosion in Trinidad | Inter Press Service