‘NSB’ Blogs from the 2010 Global Maternal Health Conference in New DelhiAugust 30, 2010 By Schuyler Null2010 Global Maternal Health Conference kicked off today, perhaps fittingly, in India – one of the world’s fastest growing nations but one that also faces serious reproductive health challenges. The Wilson Center’s Calyn Ostrowski is in New Delhi for the conference and will be providing updates to The New Security Beat throughout the week.
Those interested can also find a schedule of events and list of participants on the conference website as well as live webcasted events on the main page. Stay tuned!
Photo Credit: “Mumbai, India, November 2009” courtesy of flickr user travelmeasia.
Join the Conversation
- The incredible plan to make money grow on trees | Sam Knight | World news | The Guardian
- Can the planet handle China's new two-child policy? | Guardian Sustainable Business | The Guardian
- Learning from India's "Smart" Farming Villages | Pulitzer Center
- More than 15m people on life-saving HIV drugs, report says | Global development | The Guardian
- Sinking into Paradise: Climate Change Worsening Coastal Erosion in Trinidad | Inter Press Service