‘NSB’ Blogs from the 2010 Global Maternal Health Conference in New DelhiAugust 30, 2010 By Schuyler Null2010 Global Maternal Health Conference kicked off today, perhaps fittingly, in India – one of the world’s fastest growing nations but one that also faces serious reproductive health challenges. The Wilson Center’s Calyn Ostrowski is in New Delhi for the conference and will be providing updates to The New Security Beat throughout the week.
Those interested can also find a schedule of events and list of participants on the conference website as well as live webcasted events on the main page. Stay tuned!
Photo Credit: “Mumbai, India, November 2009” courtesy of flickr user travelmeasia.
Join the Conversation
- Thailand dismisses US criticism over human trafficking and slavery | World news | The Guardian
- Vanuatu reconstruction moves ahead in the aftermath of Cyclone Pam | World news | The Guardian
- Kenya’s Climate Change Bill Aims to Promote Low Carbon Growth | Inter Press Service
- Tribal Priestesses Become Guardians of Seeds in Eastern India | Inter Press Service
- Disasters didn't have to displace 19.3 million people in 2014 - Humanosphere