An Island of Peace in a Sea of Conflict: The Jordan River Peace ParkJanuary 13, 2010 By Dan AsinSaleem Ali filmed this video on his visit to the “peace island” between Jordan and Israel, which Friends of the Earth Middle East (FOEME) is working to convert into an international peace park.
FOEME co-Director Gidon Bromberg will be at the Wilson Center today to discuss the peace park and other FOEME water cooperation initiatives in more detail as a panelist participating in “Pathways to Peace: Stories of Environment, Health, and Conflict,” an event discussing field-based lessons for addressing environment, health, development, and conflict.
Video: Filmed by Saleem H. Ali (University of Vermont, editor of the MIT Press book Peace Parks: Conservation and Conflict Resolution) with commentary by Elizabeth Ya’ari (FOEME), January 2010.
Join the Conversation
- Are Countries Obligated to Fend Off Climate Change?
- Just growing more food won't help to feed the world
- 'We should be outraged' more not being done to end violence against children in conflict – UNICEF chief
- World's first malaria vaccine gets regulatory go-ahead, faces WHO review
- Roughly 40 Percent of World Unaware of Climate Change, Survey Says