An Island of Peace in a Sea of Conflict: The Jordan River Peace ParkJanuary 13, 2010 By Dan AsinSaleem Ali filmed this video on his visit to the “peace island” between Jordan and Israel, which Friends of the Earth Middle East (FOEME) is working to convert into an international peace park.
FOEME co-Director Gidon Bromberg will be at the Wilson Center today to discuss the peace park and other FOEME water cooperation initiatives in more detail as a panelist participating in “Pathways to Peace: Stories of Environment, Health, and Conflict,” an event discussing field-based lessons for addressing environment, health, development, and conflict.
Video: Filmed by Saleem H. Ali (University of Vermont, editor of the MIT Press book Peace Parks: Conservation and Conflict Resolution) with commentary by Elizabeth Ya’ari (FOEME), January 2010.
Join the Conversation
- United Nations News Centre - Food prices are staying lower for longer periods – UN agency
- Global Pollution and Prevention News: Outsourcing manufacturing to China and the climate
- Can India tap fresh water wisdom for "smart" cities?
- Costa Rica: Illegal Deforestation Threatens Bribri | Pulitzer Center
- Drought is a global problem - we need a global solution | Global Development Professionals Network | The Guardian