PODCAST – Lester Brown on Climate Change and Energy SecurityNovember 13, 2008 By Wilson Center Staff“When looking at what we need to do, I think stabilizing climate, stabilizing population are the two big ones. If we fail at either of those…civilization is in serious trouble,” warns Lester Brown, founder of the Earth Policy Institute in Washington, DC, in the latest podcast from the Environmental Change and Security Program (ECSP). Following a recent event, “Thinking Outside the Grid: An Aggressive Approach to Climate and Energy,” co-sponsored by Wilson Center on the Hill and ECSP, Brown elaborated on the themes of his latest book, Plan B 3.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization, and addressed climate change’s impact on natural resources, food security, and energy independence. He argues that the United States must critically re-examine its energy infrastructure and invest heavily in alternative energy technologies.
Join the Conversation
- Are Countries Obligated to Fend Off Climate Change?
- Just growing more food won't help to feed the world
- 'We should be outraged' more not being done to end violence against children in conflict – UNICEF chief
- World's first malaria vaccine gets regulatory go-ahead, faces WHO review
- Roughly 40 Percent of World Unaware of Climate Change, Survey Says