PODCAST – Environmental Security and Regional Cooperation in Central America: A Discussion with Alexander LopezDecember 14, 2007 By Sean PeoplesDuring a recent trip to Costa Rica, ECSP Director Geoff Dabelko visited Alexander Lopez, director of the School for International Affairs at the National University of Costa Rica. With his extensive field work, Lopez is an expert on the linkages between environment and conflict, as well as the management of transboundary river basins in Latin America. In the following podcast, Lopez discusses the growing awareness of environment and security linkages in Central America and his current work on building regional cooperation and integration of natural resource management.
Join the Conversation
- Nepal Youth: Time to Leave? | Pulitzer Center
- Guaraní people turn to the law to fight latest battle with Bolivian authorities | Toby Stirling Hill | Global development | The Guardian
- Renewables could supply nearly a quarter of Africa's energy by 2030: report | Environment | The Guardian
- Burundi's solar plans forge ahead despite political unrest | Environment | The Guardian
- China is working to reach its emissions peak before 2030 deadline, analyst says | World news | The Guardian