PODCAST – Environmental Security and Regional Cooperation in Central America: A Discussion with Alexander LopezDecember 14, 2007 By Sean PeoplesDuring a recent trip to Costa Rica, ECSP Director Geoff Dabelko visited Alexander Lopez, director of the School for International Affairs at the National University of Costa Rica. With his extensive field work, Lopez is an expert on the linkages between environment and conflict, as well as the management of transboundary river basins in Latin America. In the following podcast, Lopez discusses the growing awareness of environment and security linkages in Central America and his current work on building regional cooperation and integration of natural resource management.
Join the Conversation
- ‘Permaculture the African Way’ in Cameroon’s Only Eco-Village | Inter Press Service
- Vietnam’s rush to develop risks damaging its natural attractions | World news | The Guardian
- ‘I drank the water and ate the fish. We all did. The acid has damaged me permanently’ | Global development | The Guardian
- IRIN Asia | Myanmar scrambles to assess flood damage | Myanmar | Natural Disasters
- Climate change blamed for severe drought hitting Vietnam's coffee crops | Environment | The Guardian