PODCAST – Environmental Security and Regional Cooperation in Central America: A Discussion with Alexander LopezDecember 14, 2007 By Sean PeoplesDuring a recent trip to Costa Rica, ECSP Director Geoff Dabelko visited Alexander Lopez, director of the School for International Affairs at the National University of Costa Rica. With his extensive field work, Lopez is an expert on the linkages between environment and conflict, as well as the management of transboundary river basins in Latin America. In the following podcast, Lopez discusses the growing awareness of environment and security linkages in Central America and his current work on building regional cooperation and integration of natural resource management.
Join the Conversation
- The incredible plan to make money grow on trees | Sam Knight | World news | The Guardian
- Can the planet handle China's new two-child policy? | Guardian Sustainable Business | The Guardian
- Learning from India's "Smart" Farming Villages | Pulitzer Center
- More than 15m people on life-saving HIV drugs, report says | Global development | The Guardian
- Sinking into Paradise: Climate Change Worsening Coastal Erosion in Trinidad | Inter Press Service