New Carbon Monitoring Website LaunchedNovember 16, 2007 By Sean Peoples
The Center for Global Development (CGD) recently launched a new interactive website highlighting the highest CO2-emitting power plants in the world. Carbon Monitoring for Action—CARMA for short—is a project of CGD’s Confronting Climate Change Initiative. The project also highlights clean power producers, reveals the largest power-producing plants, and hosts a blog. Some of the downloadable content is temporarily disabled, likely due to heavy web traffic. Nevertheless, a visit to CARMA is worth your time for the interactive map alone.
Join the Conversation
- Nepal Youth: Time to Leave? | Pulitzer Center
- Guaraní people turn to the law to fight latest battle with Bolivian authorities | Toby Stirling Hill | Global development | The Guardian
- Renewables could supply nearly a quarter of Africa's energy by 2030: report | Environment | The Guardian
- Burundi's solar plans forge ahead despite political unrest | Environment | The Guardian
- China is working to reach its emissions peak before 2030 deadline, analyst says | World news | The Guardian