European Conference: Integrating Environment, Development, and Conflict PreventionJanuary 29, 2007 By Alison WilliamsThe German EU Council Presidency will host a conference on European and national approaches and challenges to integrating environment, development, and conflict prevention in Berlin from March 29-30, 2007. Representatives from EU member states and the European Commission, civil society, the private sector, and the scientific community will identify and discuss key issues, and recommend ways to address the interdependency of environment, development, and conflict prevention policies and programs. Adelphi Research is a collaborating organizer of this conference.
Registration deadline is March 1.
Join the Conversation
- UNICEF demands that water not be used to achieve ‘military and political gains’ in Syria
- Water, food security and human dignity - a nutrition perspective
- A long-overdue burial for the population vs. consumption question
- Sea levels will rise, experts warn, and 'it's not going to stop'
- Katrina: Lasting Climate Lessons for a Sinking City